Pinterest has become a social media darling, but can it help you sell more pizza?
For those who have yet to play with it, Pinterest is a virtual “pinboard” that allows you to organize and share information…mostly visually…through a range of boards you create. You do have to get an invite in order to participate, but those are easy to come by…just ask a friend who is a member to invite you.
Over the past few months Pinterest has been the subject of a lot of media attention, but is it worth the effort for you?
• Food is a very popular subject on Pinterest and your board is likely to get some traffic.
• It skews strongly toward females, who make most of the dinner decisions.
• Pinterest is intensely personal and it is going to require your most valuable commodity…your time.
• No one knows how long it’s going to last…it was not all that long ago that FourSquare was the rage.
• If you are adding it to a social media mix you maintain personally, you have to decide if it’s right for you.
If you decide to take the Pinterest plunge, we recommend you work with it personally first. Who knows? You might enjoy it. Marketing should not be an extension of your workday; it can be an enjoyable extension of connecting with good people.
Find out more at www.pinterest.com
Is Magnets USA using Pinterest? Not now. We are in the process of looking at it to see if we can find appropriate ways to use it as part of our social media, but we don’t want to “force” it. Social media, like any other form of communication with your customers, needs to be sincere and not every type of social media is right for every business.
FOOTBALL FEVER: It’s still a few months before kickoff, but check out our superstar lineup of new shapes for our football schedule magnets. It’s our most popular sports schedule and we keep upping our game.